Thursday, December 4, 2008

Plugged in My CherryPal, and...GNOME?

So I immediately plugged in my CherryPal to the electricity and plugged in my waiting monitor.

On the screen, the CherryPal logo appeared!!!!
Yeah, I'm in now, finally, after all these months -
then I saw a small box appear that said

"GNOME Desktop Manager"

across the top, in a gold color, with the following horizontal menu underneath:

"Session / Language / Actions / Sun, Jan 13 4:21 AM"

(followed by:)
Welcome
_____________________
Username

and box to fill in a username followed by:

Please enter your user name."

I thought that this related to the monitor as it has been around for about 7 years and originally belonged to an HP sys admin who may have swiped it before selling it to me...

So, I went out to Radio Shack with the intention of purchasing a PS/2 Female to USB-A Port Adapter to plug in my keyboard to one of the USB ports. I thought I would need two of them or else a USB mouse, and decided to purchase a cordless keyboard and mouse for $29.00 (Logitech Cordless Desktop EX100).

I put batteries into keyboard and mouse (included in box), plugged in my CherryPal (there is no on or off switch), and voila! CherryPall logo appears on screen and a connection bar (much like sending an email via cell phone) appears - then,

GNOME Desktop Manager...

WTF!

Max had said that there should have been a one page start up sheet included in the box. I did not get anything other than a small tshirt (thank you!) in the box with the cardboard packaging and the foam pocket on the CherryPal unit.

More to come...
blog comments powered by Disqus

About CherryPal for Everyone (CP4Every1 or CPFE)

CP4Every1 is constantly crawling the web (on human hands and knees) to find unique information of value regarding green technology, cheap and reliable connectivity, personal, portable and sustainable industry developments, future and social/cultural transformative technology, political relevance and news that is NOT just another re-posting of the same press release pushed out by the industry.

Please note that all copyrights and links to original material are provided and respected. NO robots were used to post content.

Your comments are invited.


Enter your Email to receive CPFE Updates




Preview Powered by FeedBlitz

ENTER CODE CPP206

ENTER CODE CPP206
for $10 off purchase price
AEoogle

Search

Scroll to bottom for Google Custom Search Results

Search Results

Other CherryPal Brand Angel Blogs